Security Administrator R81.20 (CCSA)
Learn basic concepts and develop skills
necessary to administer IT security
This course prepares for exam #156-215-81.20
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Technical professionals who support, install deploy or administer Check Point products.
Working knowledge of Unix-like and Windows operating systems and TCP/IP Networking.
- Security Management
- Object Management
- Licenses and Contracts
- Policy Rule and Rulebase
- Policy Packages
- Policy Layers
- Traffic Inspection
- Network Address Translation
- URL Filtering
- Application Control
- Backup and Restore
- Policy Installation
- Describe the primary components of a Check Point Three-Tier Architecture and explain how they work together in the Check Point environment.
- Explain how communication is secured and how traffic is routed in the Check Point environment.
- Describe the basic functions of the Gaia operating system.
- Identify the basic workflow to install Security Management Server and Security Gateway for a single-domain solution.
- Create SmartConsole objects that correspond to the organization’s topology for use in policies and rules.
- Identify the tools available to manage Check Point licenses and contracts, including their purpose and use.
- Identify features and capabilities that enhance the configuration and management of the Security Policy.
- Explain how policy layers affect traffic inspection.
- Articulate how Network Address Translation affects traffic.
- Describe how to configure manual and automatic Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Demonstrate an understanding of Application Control & URL Filtering and Autonomous Threat Prevention capabilities and how to configure these solutions to meet an organization’s security requirements.
- Articulate how pre-shared keys and certificates can be configured to authenticate with third party and externally managed VPN Gateways.
- Describe how to analyze and interpret VPN tunnel traffic.
- Configure logging parameters.
- Use predefined and custom queries to filter log results.
- Identify how to monitor the health of supported Check Point hardware using the Gaia Portal and the command line.
- Describe the different methods for backing up Check Point system information and discuss best practices and recommendations for each method.
- Deploying SmartConsole
- Installing a Security Management Server
- Installing a Security Gateway
- Configuring Objects in SmartConsole
- Establishing Secure Internal Communication
- Managing Administrator Access
- Managing Licenses
- Creating a Security Policy
- Configuring Order Layers
- Configuring a Shared Inline Layer
- Configuring NAT
- Integrating Security with a Unified Policy
- Elevating Security with Autonomous Threat Prevention
- Configuring a Locally Managed Site-to-Site VPN
- Elevating Traffic View
- Monitoring System States
- Maintaining the Security Environment